Why is there a Need?
Manningham has the highest Asian population in Bradford. Asian youth in the area are a rapidly growing population in the area which was the scene of the infamous Bradford Riots. These people in Bradford face the worst unemployment, poverty & deprivation of all communities. They also face underachievement on a grand scale.
There are huge drug dealing issues in the area in addition to hidden street grooming.
- This project will aim to build capacity
- Promote stronger communities
- Break culture barriers
- Help young people build and identify new skills
- Empower young people
Build the capacity of marginalised youth Asian communities who are the at worst end of the deprivation spectrum and help build bridges by sign posting 50 families to relevant agencies
This project will assist disadvantaged young South Asian and White people in the following ways:
- We will run education and training workshops in cultural awareness for disadvantaged BME and White communities in Manning ham that will share and educate people about Asian culture as well as British culture. It is mainly in deprived areas where the issues of hatred and divisions are most visible.
- We will deliver one community cohesion event
- Hold over 5 education and capacity building sessions for 20 unemployed and disadvantaged volunteers from different communities in deprived areas who work with us in Manningham, and who want to work with us but lack skills and cultural awareness
- We will build the capacity of marginalised youth Asian communities and help build bridges by sign posting 50 families to relevant agencies
- Hold 1:1 and group training and capacity building sessions with trustees of our group who need support and assistance
- Engage with over 150 hardest to reach Asian young people in Manningham, and empower them by building their skills, furthermore we will be involving young people on an educational residential trip in the UK.
- Individuals and families, will build new skills resulting feeling more confidence in getting jobs.
- Communities, As a result of participating in a range of positive activities:
- Fewer young people involved anti-social behaviour
- Young people will gain communication skills resulting in being more confident
- Improve Health
- More cohesive and serene society as a result of culture awareness activities